Sustainability: Good for Business; Good for the World
Metcam has worked actively for more than a decade to achieve the most sustainable operating environment possible and has adopted a formal environmental policy that is supported at all levels of the company:
“Metcam is dedicated to sound environmental stewardship through sustainable practices, continuous improvement, regulatory compliance, pollution prevention, continuous review and public transparency.”
The benefits of Metcam’s sustainability program have been tangible and dramatic, from reduced manufacturing costs and more satisfied customers to ISO 14001 certification (we are one of the few fabricators in the country to achieve this milestone). We have received numerous environmental accolades, including:
- Gold Level Partner in the Partnership for a Sustainable Georgia
- Gold Level Partner in the Clean Air Campaign
- Recipient of the Governor’s Award for Pollution Prevention
- Plant of the Year award for Waste Minimization
- Industrial Facility of the Year Award in 2007 for water conservation
- Recognition by the Georgia Legislature, and other accolades
Highlights of Metcam’s Environmental Programs Include…
- Metcam installed high efficiency lighting throughout, replaced an aging roof with an insulated roofing membrane system, installed a high-efficiency HVAC system and made improvements to finishing systems (ovens, booths and air control).
- We use Zero-VOC paint, resulting in better environmental air quality and a safer working environment for employees.
- We have installed filtration and reuse systems that significantly increase the life of our water baths and reduce water usage and waste water.
- Metcam has established ongoing programs such as No Idle Zones at our docks, recycling to reduce solid waste, Forsyth County’s Adopt-A-Road roadside clean-up, and returnable / reusable packaging for our products.
- We participate in the Georgia Clean Air campaign, and Metcam employees help collect consumer E-Waste for Forsyth County’s electronics recycling program.